MUDRA YOGA / MUDRA THERAPY – FOR HEALTHY LIFE! – [ YOGA PART-II ]
Mudra Therapy or Mudra Yoga (Hand symbols) is a practice or part of yoga, by touching the hands or fingers to each other or folding the fingers in a particular way/ by pressing on some points of the hands, we can cure any pain or mismatch or imbalance etc in these five elements, so that our body becomes healthy, stress free and recovered from diseases.
Our body is made up of five basic elements as we know like Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space, and the five fingers of hand represent these five elements, each one related to one particular element. Our health depends on the balance of these elements for good, long and healthy life.
No restrictions for mudra therapy / yoga. No particular direction or specific posture/ place required. We can practice anywhere, any number of times with any treatment if you undergo. It will help to cure even dangerous diseases quickly! Use both the hands always for mudra yoga.
There are hundreds of mudras available with our fingers, hands, legs and other physical parts. But mainly we focus on 11 simple hands+fingers mudras to keep us healthy, strong and active.
1. Gyan Mudra (Knowledge)
- Touch the tip of index finger and thumb. Keep other fingers stretched/ straight.
- There is no particular time duration for this mudra. You can practice by sitting, standing or lying down/ on bed whenever and wherever you have time.
- Increases memory power and sharpens the brain; enhances concentration/ focused attention.
- If we practice it regularly, it will cure all psychological disorders like Mental, Hysteria, Anger and Depression etc
- Insomnia can be cured by the regular practice of this mudra.
2. Pritvi Mudra (Earth)
- Tip of the ring finger touches the tip of the thumb, with the other three fingers stretched (straight) out.
- It has no particular time duration. You can practice it any time as you like.
- It helps to increase the weight for weak people.
- It improves the complexion of skin and makes the skin to glow/ shine.
- It makes the body active by keeping it healthy. Helps to be emotionally more happy and broadminded.
3. Varuna Mudra (Water)
- Tip of little finger touches the tip of thumb, with the other three fingers stretched out/ straight.
- It has no specific time duration and one can practice it any time.
- It retains clarity in blood by balancing water content in the body.
- It balances the water content and prevents all diseases which come due to lack of water.
4. Vayu Mudra (Air)
- Keep the index finger on the base of the thumb and press with thumb keeping the other three fingers straight.
- It prevents all the diseases that occur due to the imbalance of the air.
- The practice of this mudra for 30 minutes reduces the severity of the disease. For better results practice it for one month.
- It cures Rheumatism, Arthritis, Gout, Parkinson’s disease.
- It is useful for cervical spondilytis, paralysis to face and catching of nerve in neck.
- It corrects the disorder of gas (gastric trouble) in the stomach.
5. Shunya Mudra (Emptiness)
- Keep the middle finger at the mount of Venus and press it with thumb. One can practice it for 30 to 60 minutes daily until to be cured from the disease.
- It relieves an earache and related problems. It is useful for the deaf and mentally challenged, but not for inborn.
- It reduces the dullness in our body and keeps active.
6. Surya Mudra (Sun)
- Bend the ring finger and press it with thumb.
- Practice it daily twice for 10 minutes.
- It sharpens the center in thyroid gland. It reduces cholesterol in body and helps in reducing weight
- It reduces anxiety. It corrects indigestion problem.
7. Prana Mudra (Life)
- Bend ring finger and little finger and touch the tip of thumb with their tips keeping the remaining two fingers stretched. No specific time duration. One can practice it any time.
- It improves immunity. Improves the power of eyes and reduces eye related diseases.
- As it is the mudra of life, it improves the power of life. Weak people become strong. It reduces the clamps in blood vessels.
- If we practice it regularly, we will become active. It removes the vitamin deficiency and fatigue.
- This mudra keeps the Dynamo of life energy working vigorously. It helps to increase the power of the eyes.
8. Apana Mudra (Digestion)
- The tips of middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb while the other two fingers are stretched out.
- Practice it daily for 30 minutes, but practice for longer time yields more benefits.
- It regulates diabetes. Cures constipation and piles.
- It plays an important role in our health as it regulates the excretory system.
- It helps excreting the normal waste regularly.
- It improves the working of our kidneys and helps minimize problems related to gas in stomach. Apan mudra helps in maintaining the health of the teeth.
9. Apana Vayu Mudra (Heart)
- The tips of the middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb, while the index finger touches the base of thumb and little finger stretched out.
- Practice it as many times as you can. Heart patients and BP patients can practice it for 10 to 15 minutes daily.
- It benefits the heart. It works like injection in the reduction of heart attack. It reduces the gas content in body.
- It strengthens the heart and regularizes palpitation. It regulates excretory system.
- It has proved to relieve headaches and gastric troubles, and regulates bowel movements.
10. Mahasirs Mudra (Cure for head-ache)
- Tips of Index finger and Middle finger touches tip of Thumb and Ring finger is folded to palm. Small finger is stretched out. Can be practiced any time for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Can balance the energy in your head and relieve tension and headache.
- If sinus causes you the trouble, this mudra can help decongest the frontal sinuses and reduce the pain.
- The mudra can also be useful to beat a migraine headache. Further, this is also excellent to relieve stress.
11. Linga Mudra (Heat Energy)
- Interlock the fingers of both the hands and keep the thumb of the left hand vertically straight (upwards) and encircle it with the thumb and the index finger of the right hand.
- Practice it any time you want. But don’t practice it a lot as it produces heat in the body. It can cause sweating even in cold weather if you practice it longer.
- Take more water and fruit juices in addition to practice of this mudra for much benefits.
- It stops production of phlegm and gives power to lungs. It cures severe cold and bronchial infection
- It invigorates the body.