ACUPRESSURE – Alternative Therapy (Cure Yourself!)
An alternative therapy in which manual pressure (including finger pressure) is used to stimulate specific points on the body along what are considered to be lines of energy regulated or make the energy flow properly to recover from illness/ pain or problems in the body including organs, blood flow, muscles etc.
Acupressure is the practice of applying moderate/ medium pressure, usually with fingertips to various points on the body that is mainly for balancing life energy, called qi in Traditional Chinese or chi in the Western. These points lie along channels of energy in the body (head to toe) called meridians.
I) Best cure for Migraine and Head-ache or sinus:
4. When pain starts right side, you can simply close the right nostril as shown in the picture 2 above (press slightly) and breathe some 10 times by left side nostril. Then breathe normally 10 times without closing nostrils. Repeat this for 2 to 3 times. Here you have double benefit (i) Your breathing triggers alternative breathing which gives more relaxation and mind control and (ii) The point where you press the nostril end is the pressure point which controls the migraine headache right side.
5. When pain starts both sides, you can simply close both the nostrils as shown in the picture 3 above (press slightly) and breathe some 10 times by mouth. Then breathe normally 10 times without closing nostrils. Repeat this for 2 to 3 times. Here you have double benefit (i) Your breathing triggers alternative breathing which gives more relaxation and mind control and (ii) The point where you press the nostrils end is the pressure point which controls the complete headache.
II) Finger Pressure:
(Excellent relief from stress,neck/shoulder pain,head ache, sinus, uneasiness and other illness)
Simple and effective way of acupressure which helps the entire physical system to get energised and refreshed. You can do it by yourself or anyone can help you.
- Relax for a while and breathe well couple of times. Sit comfortably on chair or bed. Start with right or left hand as per your wish.
- Press the thumb with medium pressure (actually end of the finger nail portion. Pressure to be given like – up and down only; but not with side areas.). Hold it for 1 to 2 minutes and release slowly.
- Then press the index finger similarly like thumb and complete in 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat the steps for all the five fingers and finish.
- Then wait for a minute and start with the other hand and complete for all the five fingers.
- Once the hands are over with the therapy, start with the legs (right or left in any order.)
- Press the thumb and give pressure for 1 to 2 minutes. Then release the pressure.
- Complete the same for all the fingers in both the legs and finish the therapy.
- Relax for a while. Thats all! The finger pressure is over. Simple acupressure done!
Note: Actually the points at fingers are most powerful and if the pressure is given it just re circulates to release the blockages etc. It is almost like reflexology. Just follow the below diagram to know various points and give slight pressure as mentioned above to get cured from illness or pain. Keep doing it regularly thrice a week and maintain good health.
There are so many acupressure devices/ tools are available in the market. You can buy them online too. Please make use of those which makes your life easier.